ilmaffectional

My affection is affectionately affectionate an affectional affection...

Friday, April 20, 2007

I'm going deeper underground..


... there's too much panic in this town!!

No, it's not about a monster named Godzilla on the show, but it stands for a city of hell called Jakarta-- the capital city of Indonesia, the most hectic town with lots of shitty things around in every inch of details. You'll be suffered as a bitch or a prostitute living here-- Jakarta is like a guilty pleasure or sex toys with a torture of harassment (ha!). Yes, it might be ironic. Jakarta is a dreamland but could be mean and harmlful in the same time, because..

... there's too much panic in this town!!

For me personally, I hate Jakarta so much, but I should honestly admit that I can't help myself being treated by this town, with pain that blood out my sweat and tears but ended up with pleasure and 'orgasm satisfaction'. I mean, I've been living in Jakarta since working in my current office from August 2005, plus 3 months of internship in mid 2004-- equals about 2 years of bloody days in this cursed city, and this is where I share my sense, my talent, my brain and my body with pain, but then get "paid". Spending 22 years in such a peace heaven town named Bandung, selling my life in Jakarta means a great culture shock that hits my nerves repeatedly like hell. Jakarta has a great culture of hard competition in so many aspects. Lifestyle, money, occupation, or even a little thing in daily life-- everything can be a competition here. This culture has made Jakarta as a panic and hectic city-- plus, you should also notice that Jakarta is the gather center of so many ethnic groups of Indonesia, who occupied their body in this hell for a better luck instead of daydreaming peacefully in their hometown.

...there's too much panic in this town!!

Too much so that I couldn't tell you that much. But for me, yes, Jakarta makes me panic all the time in my whole 24 hours. First, the traffic jam. One of the most irritating thing in Jakarta is the traffic-- it jams all the time especially in peak hours in all the crowded districts. I live in a not-too-crowded and not-too-hectic- district. But I couldn't say more, still, the traffic is my biggest fear. It makes me crazy and panic every morning-- especially when I have to use public transportation with no AC-- the superheat of Jakarta is equal as the fire of hell, and it could increase my panic adrenaline so bad!!

The second is the panic situation in my office. Deadlines, meetings, presentations, rejections and revisions-- nothing more can I say except: I'm panic!!!

Next is about lifestyle, especially after office hours and weekend for me. Once again, I'm living in East Jakarta-- known as a minority district in Jakarta. I have no clue why my office is located in such an isolated area, perhaps it's in case of confidential matters. Most of industries and lifestyle centers placed in South or Central Jakarta-- so the party, big event or even my friend circle gathering is mostly held in South Jakarta. I like South Jakarta so much, even I have to cross Jakarta in hundred miles with traffic jam in several areas-- I never hate it because I could escape my mind from my daily panic routines of my job. But one of the problems that oftenly makes me panic is- the transportation to get me back home. Having an appointment after office hours in South Jakarta-- where most of my friends working and living-- means the time to spend is about 2 hours on the way. OK, 17.30 from office to 19.30 in meeting point, even sometimes is not a big deal to unleash my stress. And waiting for another panicky things like: rubber time friends, window shopping in the mall with all of its trend and price, admiring other Jakarta's flashy and glamour people with their own attractive style (which makes you realize about the HUGE gap between the poor and the rich in Jakarta), dealing for where we are going to have dinner, consider the place and the price, meal ordering, fun gathering and end up with taking pictures, etc-- all need about 3-4 hours. It means I have to anticipate myself to get secured by my friend's ride otherwise I got to take a cab and it's dangerous for my safety and wallet since my house is so far and the cab could be sooooo expensive to reach my house from South Jakarta.

Last but not least is the flood! I'm living about 10 minutes near Kelapa Gading, the riskiest area of flood in Jakarta. My area is thankfully safe from flood last February, but everything is so unpredictable in Jakarta. The problem is because of so many buildings that being built in highland areas and deforestated it badly, especially in Kelapa Gading district. I have to pass Kelapa Gading on my way to my office, and I used to get so afraid and panic everytime its rainy. Flood in Kelapa Gading means you can't go working (the office closed, yay!!), but you can't go anywhere either, including runaway and get some foods to eat.

So, here I am now, the longer I stand here, the deeper I go underground.. there's too much panic in this town!! H.E.L.P!!


7 Comments:

Blogger Iman Brotoseno said...

siapa suruh datang jakarta..sapa suruh datang jakarta...

9:15 AM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Neng Asti said...

Welcome to the so-called 'konsekuensi untuk setiap pilihan hidup' ma.. Betul kata mas Imam, siapa suruh datang Jakarta.. Jadi kalau boleh mengutip tagline sebuah iklan rokok: 'Enjoy aja!'.. Life is too short to be worried about :)..

11:28 AM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Neng Asti said...

Maksudnya mas Iman, bukan mas Imam.. Maaf salah ketik *sebelum yang punya nama protes, hehe*..

11:29 AM, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gue mah suka jakarta, metropilitan gitu... banyak gedung tingginya hihihi :P

6:20 PM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger anggunpribadi said...

i got a headache also...

5:43 PM, April 26, 2007  
Blogger great ani said...

makanya, ayo ayo, kita bikin "dubai"nya indonesia...

7:12 PM, April 30, 2007  
Blogger Chad McMillan said...

wow! I have not been here in a long time. It sounds as though you are going through a lot. Sometimes a move is a good thing--change opens doors you never would have expected. Why not come to the US, where your talents would go far? We do not have enough people with your specific skills. Just a thought.

12:07 PM, July 27, 2007  

Post a Comment