ilmaffectional

My affection is affectionately affectionate an affectional affection...

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Today, a year ago...

8 August 2005

06.00 AM.
This is my first day. I can’t describe how I really feel right now. Do I feel excited? Hum, well I guess I’m pretty much curious than being excited. So, how it is going to be? Remember Ilma, this is Honda, not an advertising agency. It’s in Tipar Cakung, not Sudirman. You are going to do automotive design stuffs, not print ad or TV commercial things. What do you expect?
Okay, let’s see. It might not be as bad as what you were thinking. No worries, The One will always lead the way.

Hhhmm.. I think I’m gonna wear this white formal cloth and match it with this black pants. Oh, this black leather bag would be good to be matched with this dark brown shoe. I couldn’t believe what I see right now on the mirror. What a dress- can’t believe that I’m about to be a real carrier woman. Gee—it’s not me, ha-ha. Enough, this is my first day. I ought to be well prepared.

07.00 AM.
What a ggreaatttt morning to start the day. Urrggghhh… I hate Jakarta already!!! May I see Jakarta without traffic jam just for once???!!! I couldn’t understand, how could Honda Southeast Asia be located in such ‘unbelievable’ place? Oh C’mon, do not grumble too much, Ilma. This is your first time, later you won’t be shocked anymore. Okay, that’s enough. Let start your first day with nice smile and good attitude :)

08.00 AM.
So, this is it. The one that really prestigious for Product Designer (and Graphic Designer also? Ah, I don’t care). Hhumm, not bad. I enter this huge full white colored building with five red big letters on it. God, I don’t even dare to compare the interior design with the advertising agency where I did my internship at. If I do, imagine how many insulting words will come from my mouth! *Oops*. I mean it’s soooo formal and boring. Oh I forgot.. This is Honda, not advertising agency. My apology for being so senile.

Okay, so today is about introduction matters like staff members, regulations and of course my job description. Maaaannn… it’s all about automotive design stuffs. Oh I couldn’t imagine how long I would stay for being occupied here— working as a designer for that automotive thing and working with those ugly monkeys (Dito, Fareza, Rantaw, the three brothers from Product Design who used to be friends of mine since I was in college and firstly working on the same day with me) are gonna seriously make my self crazy. Aaarrgghh…

17.00 PM.
What an awkward day. It passed really slow. I think I got to have a really really hard adaptation here. Ah, never mind. I wouldn’t be working here for more than 3 months—I even think that I’m going to resign on my first month. Well, I think maybe I’m going to work as an art director of an advertising agency, or a graphic designer of a branding consultant, or take a Master Degree abroad or maybe getting married and rise up my kids as a housewife. Otherwise, maybe I would stay here because it is much better than what I have expected.

Well, let’s see. Let time answers everything. Let Him show me the way.

8 August 2006

06.00 AM.
This is my first year. I can’t describe how I really feel right now. Do I feel excited? Hum, well I guess I’m pretty much surprised than being excited. So, how it was? Remember Ilma, this is Honda, not an advertising agency. It’s in Tipar Cakung, not Sudirman. You are doing automotive design stuffs, not print ad or TV commercial things. What did you expect?
Okay, you see. It is not as bad as what you were thinking. No worries, The One has leaded you the way.

Hhhmm.. I think I’m gonna wear my favorite white T-shirt and match it with this dark blue jean. Oh, this white red colored bag would be good to be matched with my favorite white Converse shoe. I couldn’t believe what I see right now on the mirror. What a dress- can’t believe that I’m a real carrier woman. Well—it’s me, ha-ha. Enough, this is not my first day. I habitually am so prepared.

07.00 AM.
What a ggreaatttt morning to start the day. Ohhhhh… I love Jakarta already!!! I’ve never seen Jakarta without traffic jam just for once, but that’s fine. But I still couldn’t understand, how could Honda Southeast Asia be located in such ‘unbelievable’ place? Oh C’mon, do not grumble too much, Ilma. This is not your first time, so you aren’t shocked anymore. Okay, that’s enough. Let start your first year with nice smile and good attitude :)

08.00 AM.
So, this is it. The one that really prestigious for Product Designer (and Graphic Designer also? Ah, I don’t care). Hhumm, not bad. I enter this huge full white colored building with five red big letters on it. God, I don’t even dare to compare the interior design with the advertising agency where I did my internship at. If I do, imagine how many insulting words will come from my mouth! *Oops*. I mean it’s soooo formal and boring. But I don’t forget.. This is Honda, not advertising agency. No apology for being so senile.

Okay, so today is about project matters like meetings, discussing and of course designing. Maaaannn… it’s all about automotive design stuffs. Oh I couldn’t imagine this long I could stay for being occupied here— working as a designer for that automotive thing and working with those ugly monkeys (Dito, Fareza, Rantaw, Godman, the four brothers from Product Design who used to be friends of mine since I was in college and firstly working on the same day with me except Godman, he started 3 months after) are getting more seriously make my self crazy. Aaarrgghh…

17.00 PM.
What an ordinary day. It passed really fast. I think I’ve had a really really hard adaptation here. Ah, never mind. I wouldn’t be working here for more than 3 years—I even previously used to think that I’m going to resign on my first month. Well, I thought maybe I’m going to work as an art director of an advertising agency, or a graphic designer of a branding consultant, or take a Master Degree abroad or maybe getting married and rise up my kids as a housewife. Otherwise, maybe I would stay here because it is much better than what I have expected.

Well, let’s see. Let time answers everything. Let Him show me the way.


*So far.. yeaahh... it's even much better than what I've been thinking!! ^_^*

7 Comments:

Blogger anggunpribadi said...

at least our job let us wear jeans, t-shirt, and converse.. hue hue hue..

11:54 PM, August 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Setaun nih? ga brasa juga yah.. jalanin aja lagi, orang mah cari kerja susah hari gini lagian honda geto lochh . .

11:07 AM, August 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ilmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Apakabaaaarrrrr?? kangen kangen kangen!!

Ada lowongan gak maaaa? kapan nih jalan bareng lagi dah lama gak seruseruan ma lo!!

10:00 AM, August 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kantor lo jauh amet ma, tua di jalan gue kalo nganter jemput lu, huehuehueheksheu..

kapan?

11:14 AM, August 15, 2006  
Blogger ilmaffectional said...

Woiii... iya ni udah setaun :P
Emang jauh dari mana2 sih kantor gw, halah.. ngeluh2 jauh tp nanya2 lowongan, gimana sih pak? hehe.

1:38 PM, August 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pindah donk ke jaksel!!! hahaha! kapan woiii?

3:27 PM, August 23, 2006  
Anonymous Serge said...

Traffic is definitely an issue when it comes to work, no matter where in the world you might be.

3:33 PM, January 29, 2013  

Post a Comment