ilmaffectional

My affection is affectionately affectionate an affectional affection...

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Affection of Friendship

Have nothing to do, nowhere to go and nobody to meet on my last Sunday in Bandung, I woke up lazily and no spirit at all. Getting in fact that I was really in an ‘engagement’ with my pillow and my bed to be laid on, I was anxiously found myself as a human who is unexpectedly been born. No, what I meant was: suddenly I felt like I was been not better than a piece of sh*t since the last couple of days. How could I ever been so stupid so I got to shot myself to die, realizing myself terribly on my own sins. I shall say that I was being trapped on my own stupidity by letting myself wasting my time and energy just to make sure that I’ve done the right thing .

Okay, that was probably exaggerating. Just to make myself excused over and over again: it’s all because I’m crazily facing a woman post graduation syndrome. Oh, damn. Not again, please.

GIRL, KILL YOUR SELF.

Back to my last Sunday morning, I was hoping that I will get some better energy- maybe a good shocking news from my family or something, but still- that Sunday passed boringly like hell until my mom told me that I got a postcard from Switzerland. Gimme a break. Was it from Thomas?

Thomas Uehlinger, a friendly and cheerful Switzerland guy is my former friend from the International Physics Olympiad (23rd IPHO) held 4 years a go in Bali. I still remember his funny blushing face every time I asked about Eka- his lovely Balinese girlfriend, or when I called him a Swiss Cow. We were still keeping in touch as well by e-mails, but I should say that receiving a postcard is much more exciting. Then, that simple postcard with Aborigine picture on it- has successfully turned my dull Sunday to a bright one. On that postcard, he said that he was on a trainee program at Australia (that’s why he sent me an Aborigine pic postcard).

However, that postcard was not only reminded me of Thomas. It unobtrusively explained something deep and meaningful about the art of friendship.




“Friendship is like plant. It will grow up, getting bigger and tough if we feed it by a good communication or at least- always keep in a good touch however it is.”

After all, I tried to remember myself about my social life. Somehow, I was desperately in a great distress to figure out every single name and appearance on my mind that day. Suddenly I felt a strong energy spreads like hell on my blood, missing all of my old friends that I’ve ever known on my surroundings, million days I live on earth. Hey, how are you guys doing now?

++ Miss you all like crazy! ++

4 Comments:

Blogger Nadine-Zaki said...

Absolutely, young lady. We're all gonna miss our friends, especially the best one. I've ever been ignored by my very bestfriend (as I wrote on my blog --feel free to visit it :p)and it was such a great pain. I did miss that guy!
Well, nice to visit this extraordinary blog. Great color, cool story and wonderful message.
Anyway... Incognito, your fave band will jive at JCC, March 3-5 (Java Jazz). I'll watch the show, for sure. Maybe we can meet there and have fun together. What d'ya think,Ilmaffectional, my dear sista?

9:33 AM, February 04, 2006  
Blogger Nadine-Zaki said...

Absolutely, young lady. We're all gonna miss our friends, especially the best one. I've ever been ignored by my very bestfriend (as I wrote on my blog --feel free to visit it :p)and it was such a great pain. I did miss that guy!
Well, nice to visit this extraordinary blog. Great color, cool story and wonderful message.
Anyway... Incognito, your fave band will jive at JCC, March 3-5 (Java Jazz). I'll watch the show, for sure. Maybe we can meet there and have fun together. What d'ya think,Ilmaffectional, my dear sista?

9:34 AM, February 04, 2006  
Blogger ilmaffectional said...

Thanks for your comment, sis... Anywayyy.. gw gak bakal dateng ke Java Jazz.. pengen siiihhh, tp ada yg lebih penting nih di bandung, hehe (ky gak tau ajaa...) skalian mau dateng ke wisudaan temen2 kampus.. :D

12:21 PM, February 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ilma saya membaca tulisanmu dan komentar teman atau pembaca,saya lebih melihat anani ada dalam kamu
dan kamu lebihcondong pesimistis
ketimbang berharap,banyak terobsesi
pada gaul dan selebritis,nasehat;
kembangkan imej mu menjadi kenyataan kembangkan stray reflecti
on tidak keluar dari batas engagment trim f

8:11 AM, January 30, 2007  

Post a Comment